Monday, December 23, 2013

20 Prayers of a Faqīr; a Spiritually Impoverished Soul

Bismillāh

Alhamdulīllahi Rabbī al-Ālamīn, wa Salla Allāhu wa Sallim wa Bārik wa Karrīm Alā Sayyīdīna wa Habībinā wa Shafi'īnā wa Mawlānā Muhammad wa alā Ālīhī wa Sahbihī Ajma'īn.

1. Ya Allah, I ask You to increase me in love and mindfulness of You and Your most Beloved, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam.


2. Ya Allah, I ask You to grant me the highest level of Jannah (Paradise) where we stand free of worry with the Prophet, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam.


3. Ya Allah, I ask You to give me a vivid dream in which I see the Prophet Muhammad, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, and get to interact with him, learning a lesson never to be forgotten.


4. Ya Allah, I ask You to let the Qur’an and Sunnah be the springs of my heart so I may spiritually be connected to You and the Prophet, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, at all times.


5. Ya Allah, I ask You for protection from what the Prophet sought protection from and I seek refuge in You from what the Prophet sought refuge from.
Habīb Kādhim - a caller to Allāh- 
making Du'
ā.


6. Ya Allah, I ask You to allow my inward self be beautiful as You have made my outward appearance beautiful and let me leave a good impression on people as the Prophet did as a form of inviting to You.


7. Ya Allah, I ask You to protect me from the evils of my own self; hypocrisy, arrogance, and ignorance.


8. Ya Allah, I ask You to place blessing in the time and place we live in and I ask You to be pleased with us.


9. Ya Allah, I ask You to always let my heart and mind be preoccupied with Your remembrance and prayers upon the Prophet, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam


10. Ya Allah, I ask You to rectify my affairs and polish, enlighten, and fragrance my heart with Your remembrance.


11. Ya Allah, I ask you to alleviate all burdens and oppression that the Ummah is undergoing and make us stronger believers.


12. Ya Allah, I ask you to accept all my deeds and erase my sins and accept all my parents' deeds and forgive their sins, forgive me for disrespecting them and forgive them for their wrongdoings.


13. Ya Allah, I ask You that You take me back in the best of states, physically and spiritually, and resurrect me as I say, “There is none to be worshiped except You, Ya Allah!”


14. Ya Allah, I ask you that you protect my ears, eyes, and tongue from engaging in that which you forbade them from engaging. And protect my mind and heart from remembering and loving that which you forbade them from remembering and loving.


15. Ya Allah, I ask You to have mercy on my sinful soul and let me alter my ways in a manner You and the Prophet love.


16. Ya Allah, I ask you to forgive me because you are Al-Ghafūr, al-Ghaffār, al-Ghāfir, The All Forgiving, The Repeatedly Forgiving, The Forgiver, and only You can forgive me, otherwise I am doomed to destruction, so forgive me!


17. Ya Allah, I admit and claim responsibility for the sins I've committed knowing or unknowingly. You love those who feel disgusted by their shortcomings and those who ask for Your forgiveness, I am disgusted by my sins and I ask You to forgive me.


18. Ya Allah, I ask You for blessings, an increase in all good and benefit, and open doors of good for me my family, my parents, my siblings, my teachers, my role models, my friends, my enemies, and all those I've interacted with, with every step they take towards You, and let these steps only allow advancement towards the goal; You.

19. Ya Allah, I ask You to let me not live a single moment in life which I am heedless of You and my responsibility and purpose in this world You have given me; to remember You and the Prophet at all times, to be a person of learning, improvement, and progression, and to live by Your Message and Muhammadan character. Let me live and act to the knowledge You have blessed me with.



20. Ya Allah, Your decree for us is fair and just! And I beseech You by every one of Your Divine Names, by those You havee revealed to us, and even those You kept secret from us, to accept our prayers, to let our love for You be an intercessor for us, to enlighten our hearts, to clean out our minds, to fragrance our dead hearts with life, for only You can accept our prayers. 


Āmīn.



Al Fātihā

No comments:

Post a Comment