Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Best Du'a (Invocation) for Forgiveness from Allah


"Believers, turn to God in sincere repentance. Your Lord may well cancel your bad deeds for you and admit you into Gardens graced with flowing streams, on a Day when God will not disgrace the Prophet or those who have believed with him. With their lights streaming out ahead of them and to their right, they will say, 'Lord, perfect our lights for us and forgive us: You have power over everything.'" (Qur'an 66:8)



And said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Everlasting Forgiver. (Qur'an 71:10)

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (Qur'an 39:53)



Shaddad ibn Awss (May God be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet Salla Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam (May God bless him and grant him peace) said,

The best of forgiveness (Sayyid Al-Istighfar) is to say,


اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ

(TRANSLATION: ‘O Allah! You are my Lord. There is no god but. You created me and I am Your slave. I am on Your covenant and promise as much as I am able. I seek refuge in you from the wrongs I have done. I admit to You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I admit to You my sins. So forgive me, for none forgives sins but You.’ ”)

“Whoever says it during the day, with conviction, and then dies that day before night falls will be of the people of Paradise. And whoever says it at night, with conviction, and then dies before day break will be of the people of Paradise.” Sahih of Imam al-Bukhari (6306), at- Tirmidhi (3393), Nasa’i (5522), and Musnad of Imam Ahmad (16662)

No comments:

Post a Comment