Thursday, March 27, 2014

Impractical Thinking Or What? - A Personal Dilemma

Man, for many years I've been told so many things about how I should feel. "Grow up and be a man." "You'll get over your feelings of remorse and sadness about that one thing, you're a man now." "Money comes and goes, don't be attached to money, it doesn't do anything for you." "You should want to be loved by people." "Don't be such a wimp." "Only little bratty, spoiled girls have enough feelings to cry."

Like, what does it mean to be a man? Does it mean to pull fine girls by wearing those douchy muscle tees and driving your dads Mercedes to school? By being a disgrace and embarrassing yourself - by your lack of morals - publicly and expect respect for doing so? I don't want to be a wannabe rebek with no cause, but if this is what our modern Western world is promoting by the media, what will our future generations be like? Human decency has been lost. More importantly, the exclusive gender roles have been down played. Manhood and chivalry is threatened as much is the honor of women. The difference is that men must help women and women must help men to regain what has been lost in their roles. Only by pushing them further to fulfill their role through their passions.

Don't have feelings? One must be extremely dumb or naive to think that men, who are humans, do not have emotional feelings. The Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was the epitome of what a real man is, and even he had feelings and would cry at times. If you do not have any type of emotional feelings than please learn to soften your heart. If you think you can see people get shot and killed in the streets, whether it be in Gaza,  Columbia, or Detroit, without having any emotions running through you, then there is something wrong with you. The only flaw of our sensitive and soft feelings is when they hold us back, when they are actually there to advance you further.

What does it mean to be loved by people? Why should I be loved by people? Yes, I understand that we should have healthy relations with family and friends to share things with each other and to benefit from each others company, but I certainly am blinded from the meaning or feeling of being loved by others. As a child, the only people I felt loved by were one of my parents, my grand parents and 2 friends. The rest of the people seemed like pretentious douchebags that would 1. Take advantage of me, or 2. for the sake of innocence being present. Or so they thought. They would talk to me and call me an impractical person for my dreams and ambitions.

Wait a minute.... Were they really impractical? Not at all. I had people control me a lot as a kid, trying to copy/paste their pathways for me which didn't work. Meaning, as I grew up, I would have certainly learned the need to seek advice from the elders- considering my parents are both immigrants that are conservative liberals (Does that make sense?). But as kids, we need time in life to forge our own way, then we realize the help and support we need in order to proceed in our journey. If we do not ever feel content, except by force when violating the Law and Order of our Creator, then how do we make ourselves attain a higher understanding? It's a complicated notion that we must learn to recognize.

Them right now: "Bro, stop complaining to the rest of the world. We all have problems."

Well here's your chance, bro. Teach me your oh so humble and graceful manner of overcoming scars that continue to haunt you.

I must be heedful, however! No one said it was going to be easy (except those few uncles that meant well to cheer you up at times of desperation).

- Peace and Prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment