Monday, April 14, 2014

"Barelvi vs Deobandī" | WATCH VIDEO

FAQ #1:

"Are you Barelvi or Deobandī?"

Bro, I'm from Hyderabad, India. In other words, I've seen Deobandīs and Barelvīs praying in the same masjid with all those gatherings and stuff without much issues. If there are any issues, then they are personal and not put into the public. As a matter of fact, the Imām of the masjid in front of my nana's house went to Darul Ulūm Deoband and has Barelvī murīds and there's no beef. If you don't believe me then please to you getting revelation via karamat of pīr sāb to finally believing me. (actually, please to refrain from even trying to do that).

To make this longer, I do not take any one of the sides since this isn't anything like "Salafi/Wahabi vs S
ūfī (Sunni)" or any other modern rivalries. It ain't anything like that! I actually know Deobandī scholars myself who I love a lot and dearly respect and wish I can learn under them... oh, and they don't believe "Allah can lie" astaghfirullah, something that ignorant people assume of them. I don't really have any Barelvī teachers but lots of my friends that are Barelvī sided in the Untied States don't have beef with Deobandīs. I don't think any Barelvīs are "grave worshipers" (astaghfirullah) since that's not what Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvī taught, however in India I have come across commoners who are ignorant of aqidah and shar'i'a and unfortunately do commit shirk at graves and stuff, and say that's what the Mujaddid himself advocated, but that's not my opinion of all Barelvīs, obviously - that's just a very small minority. Some people claim to be Barelvī - but they really are not - yet do jacked up stuff with no basis in the Qur'ān, Sunnāh, Hadīth or ijma3 of the 'ulamā and people start to assume bad of all of them. There have been some Deobandī 'ulamā, 2 or 3 of them who are popular, who have commented on the rank of the Prophet peace be upon him and in fact degraded him to a lower level and made mistakes when it came to the knowledge of Allah - I don't want to comment any further since we know where this is going and it's too difficult to even say. Again, these were just a few who believed such things. Keep in mind that Darul Ulūm Deoband - who are Hanafi and Maturidi - produces both Sūfī and Salafi scholars, but the overwhelming majority are Sūfīs of the Qādirī, Naqshbandī, Suhrawardy and Chishti turūq. Also, our shaykh, al-Habīb Umar bin Hafīdh, and the rest of the 'ulamā of Banū 'Alawī in Tarīm are on good terms with 'ulama of both the Deobandīs and Barelvīs. It's just minor misunderstanding between the two schools/movements. Personal experiences may damage our opinions but please watch the following video for a clearer explanation.

So I'm like
Deobandī 60 / Barelvī 40
If that even makes sense

Hope we can all still be happy friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment